Do you think you are addicted to sex?

shelly2inme

I have often wondered if my love for sex crosses a line into the realm of actually being an addiction. One thing I have noticed is that the more sex I have the more I want. In the moment the sex satisfies me but soon the hunger for more starts in again. That seems like an addiction. At the same time I don't let sex rule my life. I don't let sex keep me from doing other important things I need to do. I realize that a site like this is a magnet for people like me that love sex. So I would like to hear your thoughts about how much focus on sex in ones life is healthy and at what point is it really an addiction.

I have often wondered if my love for sex crosses a line into the realm of actually being an addiction. One thing I have noticed is that the more sex I have the more I want. In the moment the sex satisfies me but soon the hunger for more starts in again. That seems like an addiction. At the same time I don't let sex rule my life. I don't let sex keep me from doing other important things I need to do. I realize that a site like this is a magnet for people like me that love sex. So I would like to hear your thoughts about how much focus on sex in ones life is healthy and at what point is it really an addiction.
I’m much like you. I can go a couple of weeks with just jerking off but eventually need to do something with another person or more than one person. That satisfies me for a little while but the urge always returns. I’m probably addicted but enjoy it too much to give it up.

I don't think I would even wonder if sex is too important in my life if sex was not such a taboo topic for society in general. I get the feeling that lots of people are ok with just occasional sex. My sister used to own a beauty parlor and there was often 'girl talk' about sex. Many women seemed to indicate that the had not had sex in years or just a few times a year. So is there something wrong with them or something wrong with me? In a perfect world I would want sex daily. Maybe more than once a day. I am ok with only having sex a couple times a week but if I go longer than a few days I start feeling urgent about it. It is not just the feeling of orgasm (which in itself amazes me) but when I am fucking my mind seems cleared of all other topics. After a good fuck I feel peaceful and relaxed. I have to assume that it feels just as good to others and has the same soothing effect. So what is going on? Why do some of us NEED sex and some seem to feel they can take it or leave it?

Back